Tuesday, December 7, 2010

South Station


"South Station", Oil on canvas, 11" x 14", 2010, $350.00

Who doesn't love South Station? If you're there it means you're going somewhere cool or (definitely) getting somewhere cool  BOSTON!
You've got Regina Pizzeria, sun drenched rooms with huge vaulted ceilings, travel, drama, adventure, food, books, magazines, TRAINS, busses, it's a real hoot.
So here is my third picture that focuses mainly on South Station. When we were deciding where to set up, Marc was saying he wanted to be inside looking at the trains - which is a great idea. I wound up choosing this angle because of the cool window pane designs on the roofs of the subway entrances, and for the cool shot down Summer Street (a nod to all the great artists at Fort Point too!)
I can't wait to paint South Station again and again and I must mention that Marc's version of this place is one of my favorite in the show "Concept and Reaction"  
I also should mention the painting by Sean Flood of the same subject that I saw at The Distillery Gallery in South Boston in November that is one of my most favorite paintings that I've seen in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment