Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Newbury @ Night (Niketown)"


Oil on canvas, 2010, 24" x 36" $3,250.00.
So I finally got up the
nerve to set up RIGHT ON THE CORNER OF
EXETER AND NEWBURY ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!
It took nerve because the spot I wanted to paint is right in front of
Stephanie's outside dining area, also right in front
of the valet parking zone. The sidewalk is
excruciatingly narrow right there as well.
The positive aspects of painting here are many.
First of all when everyone is watching it
makes me want to develop the piece quickly
and accurately so that no one asks me what
I'm painting (they can [hopefully] see what it is).
Also I have impetus for speed because It's so
busy with the valets rushing around and
I don't want to be in their way. These stimuli help me
set up strict parameters which reflect in the vivid loose
treatments in the picture. I painted there four separate times.
I also fine tuned some elements in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment