Monday, January 31, 2011

Bye Bye Balloon

I've been putting in sixteen hour days in the studio for a week now. I'm putting the finishing touches on "Bye Bye Balloon", the childrens book written by Ryan SanAngelo. It chronicles the adventures of a balloon who excapes from the cluster and travels around the world.
It's been an amazing experience to illustrate the book. I've challenged myself in so many ways during the process. One such challenge has been painting animals. In the course of this story I've painted; an orca, bulls, geese, a camel, kowala bears,and kangaroos.
It's also gotten me outside of my usual New England landscapes to faraway places of interest such as London, Paris, Hollywood, and even Toronto (to name a few).
I'm in the process now of organizing a book signing / art reception with all of the original illustrations exhibited. Look for that to happen in Early May, stay tuned for specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment