Sunday, November 7, 2010

"Brighton Center in the Rain" Oil on canvas, 11" x 14", 2010

Marc Morin and myself were painting in the rain Thursday morning (November 4) in Brighton Center. It was pretty cool. I really wanted to be inside this really neat cafe I was next to on Washington Street. It's got a great sign picture of bacon and eggs that made me wish I wasn't soaking wet, cold, and covered in oil paint. But it was worth the effort. It gave me renewed vigor to look across the street and see a fellow painter working in the same imperfect conditions. The power of the elements gnawing at my phalanges and materials lent urgency to the painting process that I think has come through in the picture. For more information about the upcoming exhibit go to "Concept and Reaction" (and click on the little tiny "i" for info.

No comments:

Post a Comment